The ED Tech in the Emergency Room is an unlicensed assistive person who assists with patient care based on individual patient needs within the scope of practice; Assists in maintenance of a safe environment and performs under the direction and supervision of the ED Registered Nurse or Charge Nurse.
Education and Work Experience
1. High School Diploma or Equivalent.
2. Current Certified Nursing Assistant certificate upon hire, preferred.
3. Current BLS (AHA) within 30 days of hire and maintain current. Possess knowledge of Medical terminology.
4. Minimum six months previous experience in an acute care hospital or physician’s office preferred.
5. Current Behavioral Violence Prevention (BVP) certificate within 6 months of hire and maintain current.
We are an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status, disability, race, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or other protected characteristics. If you need special accommodation for the application process, please contact Human Resources. EEO is the Law: https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf