As the most senior person in the organization, the Corporate Director of National Payroll’s primary responsibility is the U.S. payroll and related activities, to direct the activities of the senior payroll management team and respective staff members both at the corporate and local level. The position develops and controls all tasks necessary to accomplish the organization's payroll processing objectives, including relationships with internal and external auditors and state and federal agencies. Maintain and strengthen internal controls over financial reporting. More than 50% of positions time is spent on corporate payroll strategy, planning, communications, and ensuring compliance with established control and processes throughout the organization. Regardless of title, this is the most senior payroll position in the organization; the primary task is managing and directing the activities of others.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, TRAINING
1. Bachelor’s in business, Finance, Accounting or Management.
2. 5 years of payroll or closely related experience.
3. Experience working with in-house time management and payroll systems
4. At least 3 years working with strategic initiatives and planning
5. Knowledge of Wage and Hour Guidelines, knowledge of company pay practices, and implementing payroll systems.
6. Knowledge of multi-state laws
1. California experience with laws and payroll practices required. Multi state experience highly preferred.
2. Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) designation preferred
We are an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status, disability, race, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or other protected characteristics. If you need special accommodation for the application process, please contact Human Resources. EEO is the Law: https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf