JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for designing, organizing, coordinating and implementing the Risk Management Program with the objective of controlling and minimizing loss to protect the human, physical and fiscal assets of the organization. Is an active participant in performance improvement data collection, activities, and functions to promote an integrated program, which ensures the provision of the highest quality of health care in collaborates with personnel responsible for safety and security and actively participates in risk-related activities in this area. Provides assistance with claims investigation, management and litigation. Facilitates reporting of safety data/events. Evaluates risk management program(s) through the use of data capture, follow up and trend analysis and presents findings to appropriate committees. Assists with the development and implementation of initiatives, policies and procedures, including staff education activities, regarding risk reduction/elimination throughout the organization. Oversees grievance process. Collaborates with multidisciplinary team on problem identification and resolution, cost containment issues, implementation of new services and systems/ performance measures.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, TRAINING
1. Bachelor of Science in Nursing or healthcare related field preferred
2. Fellow or Diplomat of American Society of Healthcare Risk Managers Associate in Risk Management (ARM) or Certified Professional in Healthcare Risk Management (CPHRM), preferred
3. Five years clinical and/or management experience in a multidisciplinary health care setting which includes a minimum of two years of Risk Management experience in acute care setting.
4. Experience in risk management and/or professional liability claims management preferred
5. Should be knowledgeable about current State Laws and Regulations as applicable to facility
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status, disability, race, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or other protected characteristics. If you need special accommodation for the application process, please contact Human Resources. EEO is the Law: https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf