Uses ultrasound to visualize internal cardiac structures, obtain measurements of cardiac valves, ventricle and left atrium and visualize blood flow. Assists the physician with complex ultrasound procedures. Promotes the smooth and efficient operation of the Cardiopulmonary Department through the appropriate utilization and management of all clerical functions within the department document handling and disposition, interpersonal relationships and information gathering and dispersion.
1. Ability to perform electrocardiograms per procedure.
2. Ability to expand scope of examination according to any abnormalities observed.
3. Obtains patient clinical information from the patient, chart and physician.
4. Selects the appropriate transducer and settings for the machine for optimal visuals.
5. Ability to assist the physician with Transesophageal Echocardiography, stress Echo's and intravascular ultrasound.
6. Maintains records of all procedures performed, sends reports to requesting physicians and archives the tape and text of patient examinations.
7. Manages and operates equipment safely and correctly. Inspects ultrasound equipment daily to ensure it is operating effectively. Reports any malfunctions.
8. Performs ultrasound phantom imaging on all echo equipment on a monthly basis to ensure the equipment is accurately calibrated.
9. Exam rooms and equipment are cleaned between patients and at the end of the day.
10. Treats patients and families with respect and dignity.
11. Attends educational in-service programs to maintain competency. Attends hospital in-service programs and training.
12. Attends and maintains mandatory training in safe patient handling, trained in safe lifting techniques, includes but not limited to 1) Appropriate use of lifting devices and equipment, 2) Five areas of body exposure: vertical, lateral, bariatric repositioning and ambulation 3)Use of lifting devices to handle patients safely.
13. Performs other duties as assigned or required.
1.Completion of Echocardiogram program or equivalent training required
2. Current BCLS (AHA) certificate upon hire and maintain current required
3. Able to assist physician with TEE testing required
4. Previous experience in performing Echocardiograms of all ages preferred
5. Hospital experience in the Cardiology field preferred
6. Effective July 1, 2017 ARDMS or CCI Required
7. Proficient computer skills.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status, disability, race, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or other protected characteristics. If you need special accommodation for the application process, please contact Human Resources. EEO is the Law: https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf