Assists with activities of daily living, provides basic nursing care to non critical patients and assists in maintenance of a safe environment under the direction and supervision of the Registered Nurse in charge of the team and / or unit.
1.Assists with providing comprehensive nursing care including the following: pre and post operative preparation, positioning of patients, ambulation of patients, dietary needs, including feeding of patients, Admission, discharge and transfer of patients, care of patient belongings, and other patient care duties.
2. Reports all unusual incidents to the appropriate person. Reports significant changes in patient’s condition to licensed nurse.
3. Assists with patient teaching within the scope of knowledge as directed by the licensed nurse.
4. Demonstrates the ability to accurately determine patient’s vital signs. Charts appropriate data within the scope of practice.
5. Utilizes hospital equipment and supplies appropriately.
6. Consistently uses two patient identifiers when performing any procedure on a patient.
7. Consistently ensures that all clinical alarms are not turned off or silenced without the RN knowledge.
8. Is in compliance with information contained within the Infection Control Manual (i.e. OSHA bloodborne pathogen standards, CDC Guidelines) and demonstrates appropriate use of personal protective equipment (i.e., gloves, masks, goggles) and handwashing techniques
9. Avoids and prevents injury to self and patients by applying the principles of body mechanics. Maintains a safe environment, functioning with an awareness and application of safety issues identified within the unit / facility.
10. Explains all treatment and procedures thoroughly to patient before they are performed. Involves patient in care and allows patient to have choice and control over situations and environment, as appropriate to condition and situation.
11. Attends and maintains mandatory training in safe patient handling, trained in safe lifting techniques, includes but not limited to 1) Appropriate use of lifting devices and equipment, 2) Five areas of body exposure: vertical, lateral, bariatric repositioning and ambulation 3) Use of lifting devices to handle patients safely.
12. Performs other duties as assigned or required.
1.Certification for Nursing Assistant required.
2. BLS within 30 days of hire and maintain current
3. Ability to read, write, speak and understand English.
4. Knowledge of Medical Terminology.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status, disability, race, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or other protected characteristics. If you need special accommodation for the application process, please contact Human Resources. EEO is the Law: https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf