Conducts a therapeutic recreation program within the hospital to facilitate rehabilitation of the physically and mentally disabled. The Activity Therapist directs patient participation in selected activities such as games, social activities, sports or music to create an atmosphere of sociability, to provide a means of creative expression and to facilitate the learning skills for recreating during hospitalization and after discharge in the community. Creates an environment that allows the patient to explore his/her own potential, cultivate positive morale and minimize distress of illness.
Education and Work Experience
1. Is a Board Certified in Recreation Therapy or Art Therapist or Expressive Arts Therapy or related field or is Board Certified Recreation Therapy or Art Therapist or Expressive Arts Therapy or related field and has an current and valid state License.
2. Bachelors or Masters Degree in Recreation Therapy or Art Therapist or Expressive Arts Therapy or related field.
3. Certification as a Therapeutic Recreation Specialist (CTRS) or Registered Therapeutic Recreater (RTR) preferred.
4. Minimum one (1) year experience in Behavioral Healthcare, rehabilitative or SNF setting preferred.
5. Behavioral Violence Prevention within 6 months of hire and maintain current annually
We are an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status, disability, race, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or other protected characteristics. If you E16need special accommodation for the application process, please contact Human Resources. EEO is the Law: https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf