With oversight and direction from the Administrative Director, GME/DIO, Program Directors and the Director of Medical Education, the Program Coordinator is responsible for the operational management of the accredited residency training programs and medical students. The position requires a comprehensive and detailed understanding of national accreditation policies and hospital policies, as well as a high degree of initiative and independent judgment. The Residency Programs covered by this position are Family Practice.
The Program Coordinator will continually assess and direct a wide range of programmatic issues including long range planning, recruiting trainees, developing projects, analyzing administrative workflow, maintaining databases, communicating with faculty and trainees regarding a range of issues, and managing internal and external program relations.
Education and Work Experience
1. Minimum of 3-5 years of office administration experience, preferably in a healthcare and/or education setting.
2. Some college required, Bachelors degree preferred.
3. Knowledge, Skills and Abilities required:
4. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
5. Ability to organize information.
6. Ability to handle sensitive information with absolute confidentiality.
7. Working knowledge of software applications including Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
8. Ability to make decisions independently or to escalate issues as needed
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status, disability, race, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or other protected characteristics. If you need special accommodation for the application process, please contact Human Resources. EEO is the Law: https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf