The Unit Supervisor assumes responsibility and accountability for the quality of nursing activities and staff function during their shift. The Unit Supervisor will provide direct communication with the Nurse Manager. Effectively utilizes nursing personnel, time and equipment on the unit and assists the department Manager in the daily operation of the unit. Perform direct patient care, within scope of practice. Continually assess care and direct staff to make immediate changes in the plan of care.
Education and Work Experience
1. Must have current and valid license as a Registered Nurse issued by the State of New Jersey.
2. Must be able to communicate in English (Speak, Write)
3. BLS (AHA) upon hire and maintain current.
4. ACLS (AHA) upon hire and maintain current.
5. PALS (AHA) upon hire and maintain current.
6. TNCC (Trauma Nurse Core Course) certification preferred
7. ENA (Emergency Nurse Association) membership preferred
8. CEN (Certified Emergency Nurse) certification within 24 months of hire preferred
9. Sexual Harassment training within 90 days of hire and annually thereafter.
10. 2-5 Years Supervisor experience on an acute care unit.
11. Behavioral Violence Prevention (BVP) training within 90 days of hire and every two years thereafter.
12. National Institutes of Health Stroke Scale Certification (NIHSS) within 90 days of hire and every two years thereafter.
We are an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status, disability, race, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or other protected characteristics. If you need special accommodation for the application process, please contact Human Resources. EEO is the Law: https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf