Harlingen Medical Center is seeking a Director of Surgical Services to join out 5 Star CMS facility in Harlingen Texas. We are a 112 bed facility and a Level IV Trauma Designated hospital. Our concept of "Patient Focused Care" puts you, the patient, first! The design, management, staffing, and operation of our hospital are focused on your needs and overall comfort. Each caregiver is highly skilled and cross-trained in various fields, thus providing you with high quality care, always.
Vacation/Sick/ Holiday PTO
Director of Surgical Services is responsible for direction of patient care in the operative environment. The Director manages the staff members in the Ambulatory Surgery, Surgery and PACU Departments. Consults with staff, physicians and Nurse Executive on nursing issues and interpretation of hospital policies to ensure patient needs are met. Maintains performance improvement activities within the department and participates in PI activities/ formulates budget for the department.
1. Current and valid state license as a Registered Nurse.
2. Current BLS (AHA) certificate upon hire and maintain current.
3. Current Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)-(AHA) certificate upon hire and maintain current.
4. A minimum of two years supervisory/management experience necessary.
5. At least two (2) years of experience in Surgical Nursing.
6. Current Certified Nurse OR (CNOR) (AORN) certificate(s) upon hire, preferred.
7. Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) required for all new hires after 1/11/2021.