Harlingen Medical Center is seeking an Med/Surg RN to join our 5 Star CMS facility in Harlingen Texas. We are a 112 bed facility and a Level IV Trauma Designated hospital. Our concept of "Patient Focused Care" puts you, the patient, first! The design, management, staffing, and operation of our hospital are focused on your needs and overall comfort. Each caregiver is highly skilled and cross-trained in various fields, thus providing you with high quality care, always.
Vacation/Sick/ Holiday PTO
The Registered Nurse is responsible for the delivery of safe patient care utilizing the nursing process of assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation. Provides direct patient care within the scope of practice. The Registered Nurse also directs and guides patient/family teaching and activities of other nursing personnel while maintaining standards of care within the Medical/Surgical Unit. The Registered Nurse is directly responsible and accountable for the care given to his/her assigned patients. He / She communicates with physician about changes in the patient’s clinical condition including cardiac monitoring, results of diagnostic studies and symptomatology. Is able to respond quickly and accurately to changes in condition and/or response to treatment.
1. Current and valid state RN License.
2. Current BLS (AHA) certificate upon hire and maintain current.
3. Current ACLS (AHA) certificate 30 days upon hire and maintain current preferred.
4. Previous Acute Care hospital experience preferred.
5. Ventilator Management experience preferred.
6. Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) preferred.