Rich with history and a passion for serving their communities, Providence Medical Center (Kansas City, KS) and Saint John Hospital (Leavenworth, KS) are award winning hospitals who strive for excellence. As part of Prime Healthcare, one of the top hospital systems in the nation, we are always looking for bright, passionate, and service oriented team members to join us!
Currently, we are seeking a Director of Admitting who embodies these qualities and can help us create a culture of inclusion and positivity. If you feel that this would be a great fit for you, please reach out to us today!
This Director of Patient Access/Admitting will support both Providence Medical Center and Saint John Hospital. In this position, you would have two Managers reporting directly to you.
The Director of Admitting Provides leadership, direction, and administration in all aspects of the Admitting department, which includes all registration functions within all areas of the hospital, Information Desk, financial counseling, Cashier processes, hospital mail processes as well as the PBX area. We offer a competitive compensation package including great benefits.
#patientaccess healthcare #covid #revenuecyclemanagement #claimsmanagement #medicalbilling #hospital #verificationsofbenefits #claims #healthcarefinance #patientsfirst
Education and Work Experience
1. Bachelor’s degree in Business Management or Accounting and three years of experience in a patient access leadership position in an acute care hospital required; or seven years patient access leadership experience in an acute care facility required.
2. Preferred Skills and Abilities: Must be able to demonstrate understanding of and ability to interpret third party payer principles and terms and COBRA laws. Strong organizational skills required for effective communication with patients, physicians, public, staff and administrations. Must be able to work in fast paced environment with frequent interruptions.
3. Knowledge of medical terminology preferred.
4. Effective written, verbal communication, and interpersonal skills
5. Ability to multi-task, prioritize needs to meet required timelines
6. Analytical and problem-solving skills
7. Customer Services experience required
We are an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status, disability, race, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or other protected characteristics. If you need special accommodation for the application process, please contact Human Resources. EEO is the Law: https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf