The Clinical Documentation Improvement Coordinator Trainee (CCT)supports Clinical Documentation Improvement Program (CDI) efforts at the organization. CCT undertakes CDI activities including concurrent coding, concurrent queries, maintaining query log, assisting CDS with coordinator with the medical staff regarding CDI activities including following up on securing responses to the physician queries. CCT at the discretion of the management, may participate in Observership Externship program (if available) to improve clinical knowledge and skills for limited hours (2 hours per day) while meeting all the requirements of the program (see policy on Observer Policy on Extern). Performs other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, TRAINING
1. Bachelor’s in Medicine and Surgery, required.
2. Expert knowledge of age-specific disease incidence, diagnostic criteria and management, required.
3. Assertive personality with strong written and verbal communication skills, required.
4. Excellent interpersonal skills to build effective partnering relationships with physicians, HIM staff and Management
5. ECFMG certification - need not be licensed in U.S., preferred.
6. Step 2 CK minimum passing score: 230, preferred.
7. Prior experience in acute care settings, preferred.
8. Candidates with post-graduate education in related field, including public health, health administration
We are an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status, disability, race, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or other protected characteristics. If you need special accommodation for the application process, please contact Human Resources. EEO is the Law: https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf