The Hemodialysis Biomedical Technician is responsible for the repair and maintenance for all dialysis medical equipment, dialysis water systems and the physical areas in assigned facilities. Performs all repair and maintenance activities according to policies and procedures, manufacturer’s documentation, industry standards and local, state and federal regulatory requirements. Performs monthly Technical Quality Assessment and Process Improvement (QAPI) duties. Responsible for cost containment related to repair and maintenance.
Education and Work Experience
1. High School Diploma or Equivalent or related experience required.
2. AA Degree in electronics / biomedical technology, or equivalent preferred.
3. Six months experience working in a hemodialysis program
4. Nephrology / Biomedical Industry Technical Certification within 24 months of employment preferred. In at least one of the following:
a. Board of Nephrology Examiners Nursing and Technology (BONENT), Certified Hemodialysis Technician (CHT)
b. National Nephrology Certification Organization (NNCO), Certified Biomedical Nephrology Technician (CBNT)
5. Biomedical Industry Technical Certification preferred.
a. Water Quality Association (WQA)Water Treatment Specialist (WTS)
b. Association for the Advancement of Medical Instrumentation (AAMI), Certified Biomedical Equipment Technician (CBET)
6. All attained certifications must be maintained and current.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status, disability, race, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or other protected characteristics. If you need special accommodation for the application process, please contact Human Resources. EEO is the Law: https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf