Responsible for the day-to-day management and coordination of all activities in the Cardiopulmonary Department, ABG Laboratory and may include oversight of the Cardio-Neuro Department, referring out of the ordinary issues to Administration. Supervises and monitors performance of the Cardiopulmonary Staff and Cardio-Neuro staff with physicians, hospital staff, patients and patients families and significant others to provide comprehensive care. Provides direct patient care as needed. Collaborates with organizational leadership to standardize services within assigned areas. May oversee multiple facilities.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, TRAINING
1. Current State Respiratory Care Practitioner license required
2. Current BCLS (AHA) certificate upon hire and maintain current.
3. Five (5) years of acute respiratory care experience as respiratory care practitioner required.
4. Two (2) years supervisory experience preferred.
5. Associate of Science from an accredited institution by the Department of Education required, effective 07/01/2015 for all new hires.
6. Bachelors of Science in Respiratory Therapy preferred
7. Registered Respiratory Therapist from the NBRC
8. Current ACLS certificate upon hire and maintain current.
9. NRP certificate preferred.
10. Current PALS certificate upon of hire and maintain current.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status, disability, race, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or other protected characteristics. If you need special accommodation for the application process, please contact Human Resources. EEO is the Law: https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf