The Staffing Coordinator is responsible for entering patient care units staff schedules into the computer system. Obtains daily staffing from the patient care units at regular intervals throughout the shift . Coordinates staffing on a projected and shift by shift basis. Assigns staff to cover vacation and sick time with the approval of the respective Director/Manager. Performs minor secretarial and clerical duties with self initiative; assumes coordination of projects for the CNO as delegated and appropriate. Tracks registry/contract labor, maintains agency files and reviews all after-hour agency documentation; reconciles invoices.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, TRAINING
1. High School Diploma or Equivalent or relevant experience required for all new hires effective April 2014.
2. Knowledge of medical terminology, typing skills, calculator and/or ten-key adding machine.
3. Word processing, spreadsheet experience required.
4. Experience in healthcare preferred, preferably in an acute care setting.
5. Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status, disability, race, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or other protected characteristics. If you need special accommodation for the application process, please contact Human Resources. EEO is the Law: https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf