The surgery scheduler routinely schedules tests/procedure cases for all patients where services occur as a scheduled event. This may include, but is not limited to; Surgery & G.I. Lab. Coordinates with departments as necessary. Ensures that accurate, complete and thorough patient demographics are entered into the computer system, including insurance and authorizations if applicable. Notifies departments as necessary of various services that may require, equipment, instrumentation and supplies from outside vendors for scheduled surgeries. Other duties would involve ordering supplies and colleting date. Prepares and distributes the surgical schedule and on call list to appropriate departments or personnel.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, TRAINING
1. High School Graduate or GED Equivalent Required
2. Knowledge of multiple insurance authorization requirements
3. 1-2 year previous experience in a hospital environment preferred
4. Knowledge of medical terminology
5. Effective written and verbal communication skills
6. Ability to multi-task, prioritize needs to meet required timelines
7. Analytical and problem-solving skills
8. Customer Services experience required
9. Strong clerical and computer skills.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status, disability, race, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or other protected characteristics. If you need special accommodation for the application process, please contact Human Resources. EEO is the Law: https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf