Under the direction and authorization of the medical director and cardiopulmonary director/manager, the Student Respiratory Therapist is responsible for performing respiratory therapeutic and pulmonary diagnostic procedures as ordered by the physician. Emphasis will be toward the assessment, planning, implementation and documentation of care, with consideration of age and population specific needs and requirements of the patient. The Student Respiratory Therapist works under the direction of a registered or certified therapist. The competencies listed in sections I, II, and III will be learned as the students knowledge and skill level increases.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, TRAINING
1. Must be approved with State Respiratory Therapy board to work as a Student Respiratory Therapist
2. Current BCLS (AHA) certificate upon hire and maintain current.
3. At the minimum, the student must be enrolled in an accredited respiratory program and completed first semester of clinical rotations. Preferred, is a student who has completed more than one semester and/or other medical experience.
4. A high school diploma or equivalent is required
5. Will not be able to work as a Student Respiratory Therapist if for any reason may become not eligible for an accredited respiratory therapy program.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status, disability, race, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or other protected characteristics. If you need special accommodation for the application process, please contact Human Resources. EEO is the Law: https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf