Southern Regional Medical Center is a 331-bed acute care, not-for-profit hospital serving the Atlanta Metropolotian area.
SRMC has provided high-quality “Patient Focused Care” to residents throughout Riverdale and the surrounding region for 50 years. We are Nationally recognized for being certified as an accredited Chest Pain Center and an Advanced Primary Stroke Center. SRMC is also recognized as an Accredited Center for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery by the American College of Surgeons. Our awesome Culture is nurtured by excellent communication, collaboration and engagement – our team members love working here because we treat each other like family.
Southern Regional Medical Center, one of Atlanta's best kept secrets, offers patients the best of both worlds--a warm, caring environment, close to home while providing the wide range of services and expertise typically found in much larger facilities.
Emergency Medical Technician is responsible for the assessment and basic management of medical, trauma and environmental emergencies under the supervision of the staff nurse and / or physician. Assists with patient care based on individual patient needs within the scope of practice; Assists in maintenance of a safe environment and performs under the direction and supervision of the ED Registered Nurse or Charge Nurse.
Education and Work Experience
1. High School Diploma or Equivalent or related experience required for new hires effective April 2014.
2. Basic EMT Training or E.R. experience required.
3. Current BLS (AHA) certificate upon hire and maintain current.
4. Behavioral Violence Prevention (BVP) within six (6) months of hire and maintain current.
Facility Specific Requirements (facility may require items listed below):
1. Current ACLS (AHA) certificate 30 days upon hire and maintain current.
2. Current PALS (AHA) certificate 30 days upon hire and maintain current.
3. Certified/Licensed EMT by the state certifying agency/entity required
We are an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status, disability, race, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or other protected characteristics. If you need special accommodation for the application process, please contact Human Resources. EEO is the Law: https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf