The Certified Scrub Tech I is responsible for the preparation of sterile supplies and instruments for each assigned procedure, maintaining sterile field during case and providing surgeon with sterile supplies and instruments during assigned procedures. The Certified Scrub Tech I is an employee with 0-1years’ experience or an employee who is proficient in the following surgical specialties: General Surgery, Urology, Minor Vascular, Eyes (cataracts), GYN, and Hand specialty. The employee will demonstrate independent practice in the role of primary scrub technician, and will be able to assume the role of camera holder and retractor holder on more complicated cases.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, TRAINING
1. Graduate of a Certified Surgical Tech. (CST) training program with less than one years’ experience in a surgical setting required.
2. Certified Surgical Tech (CST) Certification upon hire required and maintained for employment. a. Non-certified employees hired prior to 12/2014 are exempt from this requirement.
3. Experience in scrubbing minor and major procedures in the generalized surgical specialties, General, Urology, Eye (cataracts), Gynecology, Minor Vascular and Hand Specialty.
4. Experience in scrubbing minor procedures in the specialty surgical areas.
5. Current BLS (AHA) upon hire and maintain current, Current CST certificate upon hire
We are an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status, disability, race, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or other protected characteristics. If you need special accommodation for the application process, please contact Human Resources. EEO is the Law: https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf