Provide technical assistance and support for proper utilization and maintenance of all Prime Healthcare Management, Inc.’s medical equipment including equipment used in the Emergency Room (open 24 hours a day, every day of the year), equipment for heart treatments such as EKG, doppler, cardiac catheterization, angioplasty, open-heart surgical devices, equipment used in cardiac rehabilitation and exercise conditioning programs, equipment used for occupational and physical therapy, equipment used for in-patient and out-patient surgical techniques including laser surgery, arthroscopy and laparoscopic procedures, MRI machines, CT Scanners, Ultrasound equipment, Echo/Vascular equipment, Nuclear Medicine equipment, Mammography machines, and equipment used in our Intensive Care Unit. Oversee the maintenance and repair of said systems and equipment in order to ensure optimum utilization in our facility.
Works the assigned hours per day and is rarely tardy. Misses a minimal number of days due to unscheduled absences. Can be counted on to be available when needed Responds to pages and messages in a timely fashion. Performs all other duties as assigned or required.
Personal and Organizational Skills:
Maintains a clean and well organized work area. Prioritizes and organizes Planned and Corrective Maintenance documentation. Maintains a professional appearance.
Exhibits the technical skills required to service and maintain medical equipment within the hospital setting.
Completes all Planned Maintenance as assigned. Follows the accepted policies and procedures as denoted in the BSI Policy and Procedure manual.
Assures timely and appropriate response to equipment service requests and tracks and communicates the progress and completion of repairs to both the clinical staff and his or her manager. Follows the accepted policies and procedures as denoted in the BSI Policy and Procedures manual.
Ensures that all appropriate service documentation is accurately completed in accordance with the BSI Policy and Procedure manual.
Inputs Planned Maintenance and Service information into the BSI system as requested by the Account Coordinator. Follows the accepted policies and procedures as denoted in the BSI Policy and Procedure manual.
Communicates pertinent information to hospital staff, shop staff and the Account Coordinator. This will be accomplished in a positive and proactive manner and will ensure that all information required for BSI and the hospital clinical staff is available to accomplish their missions in a proactive and cost conscious manner.
Exhibits positive and proactive customer service skills. Understands the needs and pressures on the clinical staff in the account and works to ensure that the BSI program is viewed as an integral and important asset to all staff in which he or she comes in contact.
Policy and Procedure:
Proactively assumes responsibility for reviewing, understanding and following all BSI policies and procedures as outlined in the BSI manual.
Works positively and proactively with ALL BSI staff toward the common goal of ensuring the success of the Account. Attempts to find and communicate opportunities to improve the performance of the BSI program.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, TRAINING
1. Able to troubleshoot, read schematics, and/or blue prints.
2. Valid California driver’s license.
3. Minimum 0-1 years’ experience preferred.
4. Must possess Bachelor’s degree in Biomedical Engineering, Biotechnology, Bioinformatics, or related field required.
5. Must exhibit a positive attitude and willingness to learn.
6. Must have good verbal communication skills.
7. Evaluate the safety, efficiency, and effectiveness of current medical equipment and develop methods and procedures for testing of biomedical devices and equipment and ensuring optimal performance standards.
8. Provide support, repairs, and maintenance for all above-mentioned medical equipment used within the Prime Healthcare Management, Inc. facility.
9. Oversee and participate in the design, fabrication, operation, application and installation of new or updates to current medical equipment.
10. Conduct training to educate physicians, healthcare managers, health educators, clinicians, and other staff on the proper use of all medical machinery and equipment for clinical use.
11. Document feedback regarding operation of all medical equipment and introduce improvements if necessary.
12. Maintain a database of correspondence with vendors and suppliers of Prime Healthcare Management, Inc.’s medical equipment in order to improve future interaction.
13. Keep abreast of future medical equipment advances to prepare the company for upcoming technological changes
14. Write training programs and guides in order to assist all healthcare staff in correct machinery utilization.
15. Manage all medical equipment inventory and coordinate with vendors and suppliers in ordering replacements for defective parts.
We are an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status, disability, race, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or other protected characteristics. If you need special accommodation for the application process, please contact Human Resources. EEO is the Law:https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf