The Manager of Pediatrics is a Registered Nurse who assumes 24 hour administrative responsibility for the management of all nursing service functions. Supervises, assesses, plans, implements and evaluates the delivery of patient care. Develops and implements departmental plans, including performance improvement activities and compliance with current regulations. Assumes 24 hour accountability for the departments. Supervises and evaluates all personnel assigned to the unit and effectively utilizes nursing personnel, time responsibilities for the unit and is directly accountable to the Director. Consults and communicates with staff, physicians, and administration both written and verbally on nursing issues and interpretation of hospital policies to ensure patient needs are met. Assumes house supervisory responsibilities as assigned, including responding to codes throughout the hospital, assessing and charting, and following through with appropriate documentation. Oversees the provision of patient care for pediatric patients.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, TRAINING
1. Current and valid state license as a Registered Nurse.
2. Current BLS certificate upon hire and maintain current.
3. Current PALS certificate upon hire and maintain current.
4. A minimum of two years supervisory/management experience necessary.
5. Minimum of three years of continuous clinical experience with two of those years in pediatric clinical care.
6. Bachelor’s of Science in Nursing (BSN).
We are an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status, disability, race, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or other protected characteristics. If you need special accommodation for the application process, please contact Human Resources. EEO is the Law: https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf