The HR Assistant processes new hire paperwork, background checks, coordinates drug screens and completes the I9/E-Verify. Will process status changes, term paperwork, promotions, and all other changes and get all appropriate approvals before processing in the HRIS. Keeps personnel records up to date. Assists with hospital recognition programs and assists employees with general Human Resources questions.
1.Processes new hires. Obtains necessary documents in compliance with department acceptable procedures. Maintains employee personnel files and other relevant files current.
2. Processes new hire reports to the state on a timely basis.
3. Backup on logs related to workers’ compensation claims. Processes reports on a timely basis. Follows-up with any loss time claims to ensure proper handling.
4. Processes personnel changes in a timely manner for employees’ status including increases, transfers, and other relevant changes. Processes computer input for newly hired employees and all other changes on existing employees.
5. Appropriately processes employee terminations.
6. Plans and coordinates all facets of the new orientation for newly hired employees. Sends reminders to managers on a timely basis.
7. Assists others in sending reminders for licenses and certificates to all department managers and follows up with any overdue documents.
8. Responds to all employment verifications in a timely manner.
9. Screens telephone calls, visitors, and mail. Handles all phone calls in a professional, courteous and friendly manner.
10. Administer evaluations and process as per company policy.
11. Maintains a high degree of confidentiality for all Personnel matters and ensures proper confidentiality of all documents.
12. Deals with employee requests, questions, or concerns in a courteous, professional, efficient and effective manner following the company’s expectation of providing excellent customer service.
13. Starts the initial screening of applicants for non-skilled positions and provides necessary screening tests.
14. Performs other duties as assigned or needed.
1.High School Diploma or Equivalent preferred; college degree desired.
2. Must have strong communication skills
3. General office and/or Personnel related experience is required.
4. 1-2 Years of Healthcare experience preferred
5. Microsoft Office skills required
6. Ability to excel in a faced paced environment.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status, disability, race, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or other protected characteristics. If you need special accommodation for the application process, please contact Human Resources. EEO is the Law: https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf