The Medical Office Receptionist (PSR) position is the first point of phone customer service contact for our patients, physicians, other clinic staff, internal and external laboratory and imaging staff, hospital staff, patient family members, and vendors by offering customer service, communications, and appropriate distribution of phone calls and messages. The Medical Office Receptionist may also perform a variety of other duties including but not limited to collecting and updating demographics and insurance information, verification of health plan eligibility, taking complete and accurate messages, and scheduling mutually acceptable appointment times utilizing an electronic practice management system. The Medical Office Representative may also be asked to perform other clerical duties as needed and requested to support daily clinic operation goals, bench marks, and quality patient care initiatives per departmental guidelines.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, TRAINING
1. Six (6) month's experience in an outpatient setting as a Medical Office Receptionist/Representative preferred; or an equivalent amount of experience in a high-volume customer service role in another industry/environment; or six (6) months experience as a phone receptionist, health information associate or equivalent.
2. High School diploma or equivalent.
3. Excellent interpersonal, organizational and customer service skills are essential.
4. Keyboarding skills and the ability to utilize computer equipment and software are required as is experience with other types of standard office equipment.
5. Familiarity with an electronic practice management system is preferred.
6. Experience with multi-line phones/ACD phones preferred.
7. Medical terminology preferred.
8. AHA CPR upon hire and must be kept current.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status, disability, race, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or other protected characteristics. If you need special accommodation for the application process, please contact Human Resources. EEO is the Law: https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf