Twenty-four hour responsibility to supervise, coordinate and evaluate nursing care in the Behavioral Health unit, in accordance with the Registered Nurse Practice Act, Standard of Practice and facility policies and procedures. Collaborate with the Program Director in the implementation of the philosophy and objectives for Behavioral Health. Supervise/coordinate all nursing activities to achieve and maintain efficient and competent nursing practices and promote harmonious relationships among personnel supervised, medical staff, patients and internal customers. Define and prioritize goals for self and subordinates. Evaluate performance of nursing personnel and nursing care and suggests modifications. Oversees the provision of patient care for adults and older adult patients.
Education and Work Experience
1. Must have a current and valid state license as a Registered Nurse.
2. BLS (AHA) upon hire and maintain current.
3. A minimum of two years supervisory /management experience necessary.
4. Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN), required for all hires after 1/11/2021.
5. Current ACLS (AHA) Provider Certification preferred.
6. Assaultive Behavior Management Training 6 months of hire and maintain current annually.
7. Five (5) years Psychiatric Nursing experience.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status, disability, race, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or other protected characteristics. If you need special accommodation for the application process, please contact Human Resources. EEO is the Law: https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf