The Lead associate is responsible for ensuring a smooth patient flow, quality registration, maximum Point of Service patient collections, and outstanding customer service in his/her area of responsibility. The Lead associate coordinates break and lunch times to ensure coverage needs are met and applicable employees receive a lunch break, and assists Supervisor in managing fluctuations in volume by requesting reinforcements if volumes are high and flexing staff if volume is low to meet productivity expectations. The Lead associate is knowledgeable regarding all duties within the Department he/she leads and serves as a resource for other employees on policies/procedures. Under the Supervisor's direction, he/she takes the lead in assuring compliance and completion of all daily duties within the department. The Lead associate sets the example in exemplary customer service and overall conduct he/she relates well to patients, visitors, physicians, other departments, management, employees in own department, etc.
Education and Work Experience
1. High School Diploma or equivalent required.
2. Extensive knowledge of Patient Access required, Certified Healthcare Access Associate (CHAA) preferred.
3. Exceptional interpersonal & organizational skills.
4. Demonstrated leadership and management abilities.
5. Extremely high degree of attention to detail.
6. Good written and verbal communication skills.
7. Ability to prioritize.
8. Good analytical & problem solving skills.
9. Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel.
10. Ability to effectively manage multiple demands and function well under pressure.We are an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status, disability, race, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or other protected characteristics. If you need special accommodation for the application process, please contact Human Resources. EEO is the Law: https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf