The Director of the Emergency Department is a Registered Nurse who assumes 24-hour administrative responsibility for the management of all Emergency Department nursing, EMT, and Paramedic service functions. Supervises, assesses, plans, implements and evaluates the delivery of patient care. Develops and implements departmental plans, including performance improvement activities and compliance with current regulations. The Director assumes 24-hour accountability for the department. Supervises and evaluates all personnel assigned to the unit and effectively utilizes nursing personnel, time responsibilities for the unit and is directly accountable to the CNO or Administrator. Consults and communicates with staff, physicians and administration both written and verbally on nursing issues and interpretation of hospital policies to ensure patient needs are met. Assumes house supervisory responsibilities as assigned, including responding to codes throughout the hospital, assessing and charting, and following through with appropriate documentation. Interacts with outside agencies, patients and patients' families/significant other(s) to provide comprehensive care. Provides triage and treatment to pediatric, adult and geriatric patients seeking emergency care.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, TRAINING
1. Current and valid state license as a Registered Nurse.
2. Current BLS (AHA) certificate upon hire and maintain current.
3. Current Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)-(AHA) certificate upon hire and maintain current.
4. Current PALS upon hire and maintain current.
5. Certified Emergency Nurse (CEN) preferred.
6. A minimum of two years supervisory/management experience necessary.
7. Minimum of three years of continuous clinical experience in a clinical/acute care setting preferred.
8. Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) required.
9. Behavioral Violence Prevention (BVP) within 6 months of hire and maintain current annually.
We are an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status, disability, race, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or other protected characteristics. If you need special accommodation for the application process, please contact Human Resources. EEO is the Law: https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf