The Biomed Technician I performs maintenance and repair duties under close supervision of BSI management. The Biomed Tech I is the front line employee who is most visible to the clinician utilizing the patient care equipment included in the Medical Equipment Management Program. He/she supports patient diagnosing and treatment by installing, testing, calibrating, and repairing biomedical equipment; while maintaining safe operations. Will regularly need to be available to work after hours and be scheduled for on call rotating schedule. This individual also, ensures that the biomedical equipment is in compliance with applicable regulatory requirements and quality control standards. Relies on limited experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
Basic understanding of biomedical equipment. Understands how to complete’s preventive maintenance schedules; conduct tests; troubleshooting and repairing of malfunctions.
Competent in the use of all applicable test equipment and tools required in the performance of the duties.
Available "after hours", or work a rotating On-Call schedule, including weekends, for critical issues and coverage, as necessary.
Performs electrical safety tests on biomedical instrumentation using specialized test equipment.
Maintains safe and healthy working environment by conducting safety tests; recommending and complying with procedures; training and guiding medical and healthcare personnel
Read schematic diagrams and graphic illustrations.
Assures timely and appropriate response to equipment service requests, tracks and communicates the progress and completion of repairs to both the clinical staff and his or her account coordinator
Assists staff in using and interpreting biomedical equipment
Maintains patient confidence by keeping information confidential.
Ability to travel to other site locations as needed.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, TRAINING
1. Associate’s degree in Biomedical Engineering or related discipline with 0-1 years’ experience or equivalent combination of education/experience preferred.
2. Knowledge of TJC, DNV, HFAP, CAP, NFPA, CMS, HIPAA, other applicable standards and regulations preferred.
3. High degree of self-motivation, commitment and integrity.
4. Must exhibit a positive attitude and willingness to learn.
5. Strong written and verbal communications skills
6. Strong computer skills (MS Office, Clinical applications, CMMS systems).
7. Ability to troubleshoot, read schematics and/or blue prints.
8. Field related technical certifications (like A+, CBET, CCE or CHTM) preferred.
9. Valid driver’s license required.
10. Current DMV H6 report or Driving History Report
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status, disability, race, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or other protected characteristics. If you need special accommodation for the application process, please contact Human Resources. EEO is the Law: https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf