The Market Director – Patient Access Provides leadership, direction, and administration in all aspects of the Admitting departments of the hospitals they are assigned. This includes all patient access functions within all areas of the hospital, Information Desk, financial counseling, Cashier processes, and, if indicated, hospital mail processes as well as the PBX area.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, TRAINING
1. Bachelor’s degree in Business Management or Accounting required (effective 4/1/14 for all new hires)
2. Three to five years experience as a supervisor/ manager in the Admitting areas of an acute care facility required
3. Preferred Skills and Abilities: Must be able to demonstrate understanding of and ability to interpret third party payer principles and terms and COBRA laws. Strong organizational skills required for effective communication with patients, physicians, public, staff and administrations. Must be able to work in fast paced environment with frequent interruptions.
4. Knowledge of medical terminology preferred.
5. Effective written, verbal communication, and interpersonal skills
6. Ability to multi-task, prioritize needs to meet required timelines
7. Analytical and problem-solving skills
8. Customer Services experience required
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status, disability, race, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or other protected characteristics. If you need special accommodation for the application process, please contact Human Resources. EEO is the Law: https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf