The Registered Nurse is responsible for the delivery of safe patient care utilizing the nursing process of assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation. Provides direct patient care within the scope of practice. The Registered Nurse also directs and guides patient/family teaching and activities of other nursing personnel while maintaining standards of care in the DOU. The Registered Nurse is directly responsible and accountable for the care given to his/her assigned patients. He/She communicates with the physician about changes in the patients clinical condition including hemodynamic monitoring, results of diagnostic studies and abnormal results and symptomatology. Is able to respond quickly and accurately to changes in condition and/or response to treatment. Maintains patient privacy and confidentiality.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, TRAINING
1. Current valid State Registered Nurse License
2. Completion of Critical Care Course preferred
3. Current BLS (AHA) certificate upon hire and maintain current.
4. Current ACLS (AHA) certificate 30 days upon hire and maintain current preferred.
5. Minimum of one-year experience as a staff RN in acute care hospital, critical care preferred.
6. Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) preferred.
We are an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status, disability, race, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or other protected characteristics. If you need special accommodation for the application process, please contact Human Resources. EEO is the Law: https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf