St. Mary's General Hospital, located in Passaic, NJ, is a community-based tertiary medical center focused on providing quality, compassionate care. It is an acute care hospital providing a broad range of services including cardiovascular services as well as a comprehensive program for cancer care. The hospital is also a center of excellence for maternal-child health and outpatient behavioral health services. It is the only hospital in Passaic and with over 550 physicians and 1,000 employees, and is one of the largest employers in the county. Every member of the St. Mary's General team is committed to providing respectful, personalized, high-quality care. St. Mary's General Hospital is a member of Prime Healthcare, which has been lauded as a "Top 15 Healthcare System" by Truven Health Analytics. For information, visit www.smh-nj.com.
To provide emotional support, crisis intervention and counseling for Pediatrics, Adolescents, Adults, Older Adults and their significant others to cope with a multiplicity of social and emotional problems; information and referral; referrals for financial assistance and supportive services to patients and families with problems that are related to treatment services, illness, disability or trauma. To provide case management & milieu management, complete psychosocial assessments, assist in the development and re-evaluation of Treatment Plans and work as a member of an interdisciplinary team, and to coordinate discharge planning. Complete necessary documentation and maintain clinical record for each client during his/her length of stay.
Education and Work Experience
1. Masters degree in Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy, Licensed Professional Clinical Councilor or related field.
2. In states requiring license, required upon hire and maintain current in accordance with state regulations. In states without a licensure requirement, current registration for with appropriate state board required and/or under clinical supervision to meet clinical hours required for licensure.
3. Current BCLS (AHA) certificate upon hire and maintain current.
4. Behavioral Violence Prevention within 3months of hire and maintain current annually.
5. Minimum one (1) year Inpatient l or Outpatient Behavioral Health experience. Experience in working with a diverse population with a wide range of problems (i.e., death and dying, maternal and child care, substance abuse, disability, chronic illness, etc.). "
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status, disability, race, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or other protected characteristics. If you need special accommodation for the application process, please contact Human Resources. EEO is the Law: https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf