Assists in patient care throughout nursing areas, and is responsible for the safe transport of patients via wheelchair or stretcher, dispatch services and appropriate documentation of services. Provides the services of an observer for any patient on a patient care unit who has been assessed to require constant observation in order to maximize his/her safety. Performs general receptionist and clerical duties in order to facilitate efficient functioning of the clinic.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, TRAINING
1. High School Diploma required
2. Certification as a Medical Assistant
3. 1-2 years in general or healthcare office, preferred.
4. Strong experience in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel and PowerPoint, preferred.
5. Must exhibit a positive attitude and willingness to learn.
6. Knowledge of medical terminology and medical staff services department and/or acute care hospital experience, preferred.
7. BLS certification
8. Needs to be an experienced caregiver and have practical office training,
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status, disability, race, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or other protected characteristics. If you need special accommodation for the application process, please contact Human Resources. EEO is the Law: https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf