A Patient Sitter is an unlicensed non-certified assistive person who assists with activities of daily living and assists in maintenance of a safe environment under the direction and supervision of the Registered Nurse in charge of the team and/or unit.
Education and Work Experience
1. Current Certified Nursing Assistant certificate upon hire, preferred.
2. Current BLS (AHA) within 30 days of hire and maintain current.
3. Possesses knowledge of Medical Terminology.
4. Minimum six months previous experience in an acute care hospital or physicians office preferred
Facility Specific Requirements (facility may require items listed below):
1. Current Behavioral Violence Prevention (BVP) certificate within 6 months of hire and maintain current.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status, disability, race, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or other protected characteristics. If you need special accommodation for the application process, please contact Human Resources. EEO is the Law: https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf