Mental Health Worker Inpatient: Under the direction and supervision of the RN, LVN or Charge RN assist the licensed nursing staff in providing and documenting patient care including assistance with activities of daily living. Supports the unit functions and maintains a safe and clean environment for patients, visitors and co-workers; functions as an integral part of the interdisciplinary care team and communicates pertinent patient information to the supervising RN. Performs some clerical duties as assigned and provides basic nursing care for the adult and geriatric patients. Performs responsibilities within the guidelines of the Nursing Structure Standards, Hospital/Nursing Policy and state regulatory and accrediting requirements. Mental Health Worker Outpatient: Under the direction and supervision of the Director of Nursing, RN and the Program Director carries out activities of daily living program and individual treatment plans for the psychiatric patients.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, TRAINING
1. Must have current and valid license as a Certified Nursing Assistant issued by the State if a CNA. If not a CNA, must have a minimum of one year experience working as Mental Health Worker in a hospital setting.
2. Current BCLS (AHA) upon hire and maintain current.
3. Behavioral Violence Prevention within 6 months of hire and maintain current annually.
4. One (1) year prior mental health experience preferred.
5. Familiarity with medical and psychological terminology preferred.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status, disability, race, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or other protected characteristics. If you need special accommodation for the application process, please contact Human Resources. EEO is the Law: https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf