Performs role of surgical assistant for a variety of surgical procedures under direct supervision of attending surgeon. The RNFA shall provide aid in exposure, homeostasis, closure and other interoperative technical functions. Performs role of circulating nurse and/or scrub nurse when required. Assesses patient status, maintains a safe care environment, manages equipment use and delegates/directs care provided by O.R. Technicians, Nursing Assistants and other support personnel. Position requires on-call coverage
Education and Work Experience
1. Three years RN experience in perioperative nursing.
2. Graduate of accredited school of nursing. BSN preferred. Successful completion of additional educational preparation specific to the role of the RNFA including a supervised clinical component.
3. Currently licensed as a registered professional nurse in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
4. Current certification in BLS (AHA) and/or ACLS (AHA)
5. Current certification in Perioperative Nursing (CNOR) preferred.
6. Knowledge and skill in applying principles of aseptic technique. Demonstrates skills in the following intraoperative nursing behaviors: handling tissue, using instruments, providing exposure, providing hemostasis.
We are an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status, disability, race, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or other protected characteristics. If you need special accommodation for the application process, please contact Human Resources. EEO is the Law: https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf