The CNA in the Float Pool is an unlicensed assistive person who assists with activities of daily living, provides basic nursing care to non-critical patients and assists in maintenance of a safe environment under the direction and supervision of the Registered Nurse in charge of the team and/or unit. The CNAs in the Float Pool will be assigned as needed to the following departments, MedSurg, Geropsych, Telemetry, DOU, ICU/CCU, Subacute and Emergency Department.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, TRAINING
1. Current Certified Nursing Assistant certificate upon hire, required.
2. Current BLS (AHA) upon hire and maintain current.
3. Possesses knowledge of Medical Terminology.
4. Minimum six months previous experience in an acute care hospital or physician’s office preferred.
5. Minimum six months experience in an acute care hospital or Skilled Nursing to float to the Subacute unit, required.
Facility Specific Requirements (facility may require items listed below):
1. Current Behavioral Violence Prevention (BVP) certificate within 6 months of hire and maintain current per facility requirement.
We are an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status, disability, race, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or other protected characteristics. If you need special accommodation for the application process, please contact Human Resources. EEO is the Law: https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf