Staff RN is directly accountable to the OR Charge Nurse and the Director of Surgical Services, and indirectly to the House Supervisor. The Registered Nurse is responsible for the delivery of direct and indirect patient care in the peri-operative setting through the nursing process of assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation for neonates, pediatrics, adolescents, adults and older adults. The Registered Nurse coordinates the care of the patient with the surgeon and anesthesiologist, directs and guides the OR Technician and other personnel while maintaining standards of professional nursing. Works with other departments to provide a continuum of care and co-workers to provide continuous, quality patient care, efficient patient flow and unit maintenance and organization. Responsible for adherence to regulations, standards and hospital or unit policies and procedures. Responsible for participation in Performance Improvement activities, unit meetings and in-services. Acts as a resource for other personnel as appropriate.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, TRAINING
1. Current and valid state RN License.
2. Current BLS (AHA) certificate upon hire and maintain current.
3. Current ACLS (AHA) certificate 30 days upon hire and maintain current.
4. Current PALS (AHA) certificate 30 days upon hire and maintain current.
5. Minimum of one year previous Perioperative experience or on the job training
6. Certified Nurse OR (CNOR) Certification (AORN) preferred
7. Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) preferred.
We are an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status, disability, race, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or other protected characteristics. If you need special accommodation for the application process, please contact Human Resources. EEO is the Law: https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf