The Manager of ICU is a Registered Nurse who assumes 24-hour administrative responsibility for the management of all critical care nursing service functions. Supervises, assesses, plans, implements and evaluates the delivery of patient care. Develops and implements departmental plans, including performance improvement activities and compliance with current regulations. Supervises and evaluates all personnel assigned to the unit and effectively utilizes nursing personnel, time responsibilities for the unit and is directly accountable to the CNO/DON. Communicates effectively with staff, physicians and administration both written and verbally. Consults with staff, physicians and Nurse Executive on nursing issues and interpretation of hospital policies to ensure patient needs are met.
Education and Work Experience
1. Must have a current and valid state license as a Registered Nurse.
2. BLS (AHA) upon hire and maintain current.
3. A minimum of two years supervisory/management experience necessary.
4. Minimum of three years of continuous clinical experience in a clinical/acute care setting.
5. Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) (AHA) upon hire and maintain current.
6. Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN), required for all hires after 1/11/2021.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status, disability, race, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or other protected characteristics. If you need special accommodation for the application process, please contact Human Resources. EEO is the Law: https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf