St. Mary's General Hospital, located in Passaic, NJ, is a community-based tertiary medical center focused on providing quality, compassionate care. It is an acute care hospital providing a broad range of services including cardiovascular services as well as a comprehensive program for cancer care. The hospital is also a center of excellence for maternal-child health and outpatient behavioral health services. It is the only hospital in Passaic and with over 550 physicians and 1,000 employees, and is one of the largest employers in the county. Every member of the St. Mary's General team is committed to providing respectful, personalized, high-quality care. St. Mary's General Hospital is a member of Prime Healthcare, which has been lauded as a "Top 15 Healthcare System" by Truven Health Analytics. For information, visit www.smh-nj.com.
The Operating Room Tech is responsible for the preparation of sterile supplies and instruments for each assigned procedure, maintaining sterile field during case and providing surgeon with sterile supplies and instruments during assigned procedures.
Education and Work Experience
1. High School Diploma or Equivalent or related experience required for new hires effective April 2014.
2. Graduate of an ORT training program or on the job training with a minimum of 3 years experience (surgical setting preferred).
3. Experience in scrubbing minor and major procedures in the generalized surgical specialties, (i.e., GYN, General and Plastics).
4. Experience in scrubbing at least minor procedures in the specialty surgical areas (i.e., ortho, neuro, ENT, Uro. Etc.).
5. Current BLS (AHA) certificate upon hire and maintain current.
We are an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status, disability, race, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or other protected characteristics. If you need special accommodation for the application process, please contact Human Resources. EEO is the Law: https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf