The Infection Control Preventionist is responsible for surveillance, prevention and control of infection. Assists with policy and procedure development and implementation while maintaining CDC, OSHA, AOA HFAP/TJC/CMS/local regulatory and other regulatory agency standards or directives. Acts as a primary education consultant to hospital employees, physicians, patients, volunteers and visitors in safe Infection Control/Prevention practices. Coordinates all hospital infection control activities with the Infection Control Committee, Medical Staff and hospital employees. Responds to potential exposures by communicating with patients, physicians, employees, volunteers and regulatory agencies.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, TRAINING
1. Graduate from an accredited school with a Bachelors degree in medicine, nursing, epidemiology, microbiology, public health or other life science related field, preferred.
2. If a registered nurse, must be licensed by the State where the facility is located.
3. Current BLS (AHA) certificate upon hire and maintain current.
4. Minimum of two (2) years experience in a health care setting required. One year or more of experience in infection control and/or employee health is preferred.
5. APIC membership or other Infection Prevention Organization and attendance required upon acceptance.
6. Successful completion of formal APIC courses in Infection Control desirable.
7. Certification in Infection Control (CIC) preferred.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status, disability, race, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or other protected characteristics. If you need special accommodation for the application process, please contact Human Resources. EEO is the Law: https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf