Under the general direction of the physician (Cardiologist/Radiologist), will assist by scrubbing procedures or monitoring physiologic and hemodynamic data, as related to diagnostic and/or therapeutic procedures performed in the cardiovascular lab. Ensures procedure room is adequately prepared for the procedure. Monitors par level of all instruments and supplies. Participates in departmental staff meetings and performance improvement activities and the training of new staff. Assists in all aspects of invasive and noninvasive cardiac procedures.
KNOWLEDGE OF WORK
1. Utilizes sterile technique when preparing patients and assisting with procedures.
2. Demonstrates knowledge of proper patient positioning.
3. Safely and correctly handles all equipment utilized during procedures.
4. Demonstrates knowledge of cardiovascular anatomy and physiological monitoring.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Understands the use of procedural equipment necessary.
2. Assists in stocking supplies on a daily basis.
3. Assists in retrieval and copying of images as requested.
4. Archives EP studies routinely per vendor.
5. Utilizes and documents in procedural documentation system.
6. Works as a team player assisting other staff and physicians.
7. Performs other duties as assigned or required.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, TRAINING
1. ARRT-R and license as required by State or Registered Cardiovascular Invasive Specialist (RCIS) required.
2. Previous experience in a Cardiovascular Lab; preferred.
3. Cardiovascular technologist training program with emphasis in invasive cardiology and hemodynamic monitoring preferred.
4. BCLS (AHA) required upon hire and maintain current.
5. Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS); required within 30 days of hire.
6. Proficient computer skills.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status, disability, race, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or other protected characteristics. If you need special accommodation for the application process, please contact Human Resources. EEO is the Law: https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf