The Medical Office Supervisor is responsible for overseeing the daily work of the clerical and clinical staff in a medical practice to ensure smooth efficient operation of the office. They ensure that patient appointments, concerns and questions are dealt with in a timely, courteous manner. This person is responsible to see that the clinic’s portion of the revenue cycle is functioning accurately and efficiently. The Medical Office Supervisor maintains clear communication between the Front Desk and the Providers regarding changes to the appointment schedule and any patient issues. The Medical Office Supervisor is accountable to the Practice Manager and the Director of Physician Services.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, TRAINING
1. Three to five years work experience in an acute care facility or Healthcare practice preferred.
2. Three to five years supervisory experience preferred.
3. Knowledge of Accounts Receivable, Medicare, Medical, HMO/PPO, and W/C Billing & Collections preferred.
4. Proficient with Microsoft Office Excel, Word and Outlook.
5. Knowledge of machines and equipment used in the Business Office area.
6. Minimum High School diploma. Associates degree or other advanced training preferred.
7. Sexual Harassment training within 90 days of hire and bi-annually thereafter.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status, disability, race, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or other protected characteristics. If you need special accommodation for the application process, please contact Human Resources. EEO is the Law: https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf