Responsible for the coordination of the various activities of the Case Management Department under the direction of the assigned Case Manager/Social Worker assist with development and implementations of discharge plans. Assists with case management referrals and authorizations. Maintains and coordinates Medicaid state submission forms for presentation to on-site reviewer and files them accordingly or as per facility’s procedure. Assists with Discharge Planning as assigned by interviewing patients/families and gathering data to develop a safe patient-focused Discharge Plan.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, TRAINING
1. Knowledge of Discharge Planning/ Utilization Management / Case Management terminology and functions, in both managed care and non-managed care environments.
2. Experience in basic to intermediate computer skills/knowledge.
3. High School Diploma required.
4. Behavioral Violence Prevention Training within 3 months of hires and maintain current.
1. Current BCLS (AHA) certificate required upon hire and maintain current preferred.
2. Associates degree or LVN license preferred.
3. Experience in the hospital setting preferred.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status, disability, race, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or other protected characteristics. If you need special accommodation for the application process, please contact Human Resources. EEO is the Law: https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf