The Licensed Vocational Nurse/Licensed Psychiatric Technician provides direct and indirect patient care services requiring technical and manual skills, within the scope of practice, that meet the psychosocial, physical and general aspects of care, and meets the communication needs of the patient and family; Performs under the direction and supervision of a Registered Nurse. Demonstrates knowledge of EMTALA Regulations and triage process in the ER setting.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, TRAINING
1. Current and valid state license as a Licensed Vocational Nurse or Licensed Psychiatric Technician.
2. Current BLS (AHA) certificate upon hire and maintain current.
3. IV certification upon hire required.
4. Minimum one year experience in an applicable setting preferred.
5. Behavioral Violence Prevention (BVP) certificate within 6 months of hire and maintain current.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status, disability, race, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or other protected characteristics. If you need special accommodation for the application process, please contact Human Resources. EEO is the Law: https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf