This position is responsible for the design, build, testing, installation and support of software applications required for the deployment of the Meditech electronic medical record (EMR) system and other Clinical IT systems. Serves as a leader with overall responsibility for software analysis and design, application/system installation and implementation of assigned Meditech applications and other clinical IT systems. Formulates system scope and design objectives through analysis and research to configure vendor-maintained systems or develop or modify in house systems.
Education and Work Experience
1. Bachelors degree in Healthcare, Nursing, Business or computer/Information Sciences OR an equivalent level of professional experience required.
2. 5 years industry related experience in IT/Clinical setting or within applicable area in healthcare operations.
3. Prior experience in EMR implementations is required.
4. Strong understanding of functionality related to the application assigned (Emergency Room workflow, In-Patient CPOE etc.)
5. Strong computer skills including Windows, Exchange/Outlook, Word, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint and Project
6. Ability to travel up to 50% as required.
7. Familiar with CMS, HIPPA regulations regarding meaningful use requirements and attestations.
8. Ability to manage more than one project at the same time, and communicate with all stakeholders involved in a timely manner.
1. Experience with MEDITECH CS 5.6 and have very strong building skills.
2. Nurse experience preferred.
3. Five (5) years experience in support of Meditech clinical modules, implementations and/or upgrades.
4. Ability to communicate tactfully and work effectively with patients, physicians, vendors and System staff all levels.
5. Capable to lead and work well in a diverse, multi-disciplinary team.
6. Familiar with CMS, HIPPA regulations regarding meaningful use requirements and attestations.
7. Ability to manage more than one project at the same time and communicate with all stakeholder involved in a timely manner. Strong motivation and team skills.
8. Excellent understanding of the terminology, functional knowledge, business processes and issues related to using computer systems in Nursing, Pharmacy, Radiology Laboratory and other ancillary clinical services required.
Experience in business information system management in an acute or ambulatory care setting preferred
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status, disability, race, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or other protected characteristics. If you need special accommodation for the application process, please contact Human Resources. EEO is the Law:https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf