The Distribution Technician counts and replenishes all par supply areas. Uses the computer system to perform distribution activities. Receives supplies and equipment. Maintains storeroom, delivers supplies to departments.
B. DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Accurately counts nursing supply PAR levels and carts for all charge/non-charge items.
2. Consistently follows FIFO (First in First out) principles.
3. Apprises the Director/Manager and Coordinator daily of potential stock-out situations.
4. Key counts into the computer system and generates pick ticket.
5. Pulls supplies needed to replenish PARS as designated by the pick ticket.
6. Puts supplies onto shelves or carts in appropriate Nursing area.
7. Maintains cleanliness and organization of PAR levels.
8. Makes changes to PARS or quotas as directed by the Materials Manager/Director
9. Removes any extra supplies or overage that may be stored in unofficial PAR areas.
10. Follows thru on back ordered items to PARS and notifies department in need.
11. Maintains inventories for appropriate levels of supply in all supply areas.
12. Refills Supply Stations accurately and in a timely manner.
13. Responds to special or urgent supply request appropriately and in a timely manner.
14. Removes inactive users not accessing the system within 60 days from the system or upon notification from Unit Director, Human Resources or Information Services.
15. Inventory counts are done weekly for those items not filled since last count.
16. Runs quarterly, non-refill items, least 20 used items, tops 20 used items and monthly usage reports.
17. Monthly monitoring of NULL Transaction Trending reports to assist in providing timely feedback when corrective action is necessary.
18. Performs other duties as assigned or required.
19. Takes receipt of delivered goods, at the receiving area and signs delivery document presented by driver or designee.
20. Verifies number of boxes unloaded by shipper.
21. Assures all received packages are documented in the Daily Receipt log.
22. Unpacks, inspects and receives shipment, verifies all items received against packing slip and Purchase Order making receiving notations.
23. Attaches packing slips and freight documents to P.O.
24. Generates receiving documents from computer and attached to front of P.O. when backorders are present.
25. Delivers received goods to requesting department or Inventory shelves in a timely manner.
26. Gives priority to “RUSH” shipments or packages containing dry ice or labeled “Refrigerate upon arrival”.
27. Equipment deliveries are given to Bio-Med along with a copy of the purchase order, for inspection before delivery to requesting department.
28. Accurately separates stock and non-stock deliveries for proper handling
29. Obtains legible signature on purchase order on all non-stock goods.
30. Consistently inspects incoming deliveries for damage and contents are intact.
31. Assures accuracy of items received by verifying items received to packing slip provided.
32. Keys received items into the departmental information system.
33. Notifies the Buyer or Director or Manager of receipt of back order status, problems or discrepancies related to receiving or receipt of Capital equipment.
34. Assures that all stock items are placed in the appropriately assigned location.
35. Designates adequate shelf space for stock supplies based on usage classification and accessibility.
36. Ensures that all expired items are removed from the shelf in a timely manner and removed from the Materials management information system.
37. Processes all outgoing shipments in a timely manner.
38. Assures that all outgoing shipments are packaged appropriately.
39. Maintains accurate shipping logs.
40. Floor is routinely and adequately swept.
41. Trash is emptied routinely and adequately.
42. Excess boxes are broken down and removed.
43. Supplies are organized or placed neatly on shelves.
44. All other duties as assigned or required.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, TRAINING
1. High School Graduate or Equivalent Experience.
2. Previous experience in Materials Management preferred.
3. Basic computer skills.
4. Knowledge of supply automation system preferred
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status, disability, race, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or other protected characteristics. If you need special accommodation for the application process, please contact Human Resources. EEO is the Law:https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf