The Patient Account Registrar interviews the patient or his/her representative to obtain identifying and verifying information, such as patient/s name, address, age, date of birth, social security number, occupation, insurance information and obtaining authorization. Also, have the capabilities of interfacing with the PBX operator and reception areas. Must be able to operate a computer to input and retrieve data. Ability to communicate with the population served, utilizing age specific techniques from neonatal, pediatrics, adolescents, young adults, middle adult to geriatrics. Maintain proficiency in medical terminology. Special projects or other assignments may be given with expectations to be completed in a specified timeframe.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, TRAINING
1. Previous hospital experience as an admissions representative preferred.
2. Knowledge of medical terminology preferred.
3. Effective written and verbal communication skills
4. Ability to multi-task, prioritize needs to meet required timelines
5. Analytical and problem-solving skills
6. Customer Services experience required
7. High School Graduate or GED Equivalent preferred.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status, disability, race, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or other protected characteristics. If you need special accommodation for the application process, please contact Human Resources. EEO is the Law: https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf