Prime Healthcare is an award-winning health system headquartered in Ontario, California. Prime Healthcare operates 45 hospitals and has more than 300 outpatient locations in 14 states providing more than 2.6 million patient visits annually. It is one of the nation’s leading health systems with nearly 50,000 employees and physicians. Fourteen of the Prime Healthcare hospitals are members of the Prime Healthcare Foundation, a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit public charity. Prime Healthcare is actively seeking new members to join our corporate team!
Prime Healthcare stands apart from others by its unique ability to save and transform hospitals. We have been named the “fastest-growing hospital system” in the country by Modern Healthcare. And as we continue to grow and fulfill our mission of “saving hospitals, saving jobs and saving lives,” we remain committed to delivering exceptional care, and creating a legacy that will improve healthcare.
Prime Healthcare and the not-for-profit Prime Healthcare Foundation employ nearly 50,000 employees and physicians and own and operate 45 acute care hospitals in Alabama, California, Florida, Georgia, Indiana, Kansas, Michigan, Missouri, Nevada, New Jersey, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, and
If you wish to contribute to the Prime Healthcare legacy within a Chief Nursing Officer capacity for a hospital within our family of acute care hospitals (or one of our future hospitals), then join our executive leadership network to begin exploring immediate and future opportunities.
The Chief Nursing Officer provides strategic leadership as the senior executive position responsible for all nursing and other designated patient care functions and services within the hospital organization. The role assumes responsibility for assessing, planning, coordinating, implementing and evaluating nursing practice on a facility level. The role assumes 24/7 responsibility and has accountability to ensure high quality, safe and appropriate nursing care, competency of clinical staff, and appropriate resource management related to patient care. The Chief Nursing Officer represents nursing concerns on the governing board and at medical staff leadership meetings.
Futhermore, a Chief Nursing Officer at one of our hospitals accomplishes the following:
1. Plans, organizes and directs nursing organization and/or related departments effectively to ensure the provision of excellent patient care to the populations served. Works in collaboration with department managers to ensure compliance with company’s mission, and vision as well as federal, state, and other regulatory agencies requirements.
2. Develops and implements clear, concise and current written policies and procedures, protocols and/or clinical pathways, and monitoring of the quality of the service. Is available to assist the staff to identify and/or minimize risk factors.
3. Initiates and participates in problem solving, policy framing conferences for patient care services. Maintains close coordination with all departments to ensure continuity and collaboration of services.
4. Plans and coordinates with the CEO and Finance, utilizing the respective department managers, the budgeting requirements for personnel, performance of work, supplies, and equipment.
5. Develops, reviews and/or revises annually the plan for the provision of patient care/nursing services and submits to the QAPI Committee, Medical Staff and Governing Board.
6. Participates in Governing Board and Medical Staff departmental meetings and other meetings as required.
7. Supports an environment that optimizes patient safety and reduces likelihood of medical/health care errors.
8. Collaborates with department managers to ensure optimum quality of care to all patients is provided. Annual assessment demonstrates quarter over quarter improvement in CMS Value Based Purchasing Program.
9 Serves as the Assistant RAC Coordinator in consultation with HIM Director and PHS Revenue Audit team.
10. Establishes and implements a mechanism for ongoing communication with nursing/patient care staff and conducts senior rounding with staff and patients/families on a routine basis.
11. Performs all other duties as assigned or required.
1. Active and current professional registered nurse licensed in the state in which they practice is required.
2. An academic degree in nursing is required, and a postgraduate degree in nursing or related field (may include health care administration or business administration) or a written plan with specified timelines to obtain a postgraduate degree is required.
3. Current BLS (AHA) certificate and maintain current.
4. At least five years of progressive management experience in a facility environment, as a Nursing Director of multiple, complex nursing departments.
5. Minimum of two (2) years previous leadership or administrative experience required.
6. Highly effective interpersonal and communication skills.
7. Proven leadership ability and facility operational expertise.
8. Ability to serve as role model and advocate for the professional discipline of nursing.
9. An individual able to effectively and efficiently organize patient care promoting optimal outcomes, patient safety, and patient, physician and employee satisfaction.
10. An individual with proven success recruiting, retaining and developing staff. Someone effective in mentoring and developing staff, encouraging professional growth and achievement.
11. Takes the lead in complying with regulatory standards, rules and laws.
Prime Healthcare Management, Inc. offers competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package that provides employees the flexibility to tailor benefits according to their individual needs. Our Total Rewards package includes, but is not limited to, paid time off, a 401K retirement plan, medical, dental, and vision coverage, tuition reimbursement, and many more voluntary benefit options. Benefits may vary based on employment status, i.e. full-time, part-time, per diem or temporary. A reasonable compensation estimate for this role, which includes estimated wages, benefits, and other forms of compensation, is $140,000.00 to $200,000.00 on an annualized basis. The exact starting compensation to be offered will be determined at the time of selecting an applicant for hire and will be dependent on a wide range of factors, including but not limited to geographic location, skill set, experience, education, credentials, and licensure. Additionally, employees in this position may be eligible to participate in the Company’s annual discretionary bonus program. Discretionary bonuses, if any, are based on a number of factors, which include but are not limited to individual and Company performance.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status, disability, race, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or other protected characteristics. If you need special accommodation for the application process, please contact Human Resources. EEO is the Law: https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf