At Landmark Medical Center, our dedicated team of professionals are committed to our core values of quality, compassion, and community. As a member of Prime Healthcare, Landmark Medical Center is actively seeking new members to join its award-winning team!
Landmark Medical Center is a 214-bed acute care hospital in Woonsocket, RI and The Rehabilitation Hospital of Rhode Island is an 82-bed rehabilitation hospital in North Smithfield, RI. The hospital has been “A”rated for patient safety by The Leapfrog Group and has received numerous Healthgrades awards for patient safety excellence, heart care, and orthopedics. Originally known as the "Woonsocket Hospital," Landmark Medical Center has been serving the communities of northern Rhode Island and southern Massachusetts since 1873. Learn more at www.landmarkmedical.org.
The Operating Room Tech is responsible for the preparation of sterile supplies and instruments for each assigned procedure, maintaining sterile field during case and providing surgeon with sterile supplies and instruments during assigned procedures.
Education and Work Experience
1. High School Diploma or Equivalent or related experience required.
2. Graduate of an ORT training program or on the job training with a minimum of 3 years experience (surgical setting preferred).
3. Experience in scrubbing minor and major procedures in the generalized surgical specialties, (i.e., GYN, General and Plastics).
4. Experience in scrubbing at least minor procedures in the specialty surgical areas (i.e., ortho, neuro, ENT, Uro. Etc.).
5. Current BLS (AHA) certificate upon hire and maintain current.
We are an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status, disability, race, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or other protected characteristics. If you need special accommodation for the application process, please contact Human Resources. EEO is the Law: https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf