Join an award-winning team of dedicated professionals committed to our core values of quality, compassion, and community! Dallas Medical Center, a member of Prime Healthcare, offers incredible opportunities to expand your horizons and be part of a community dedicated to making a difference.
Dallas Medical Center is a 155-bed acute care hospital accredited by The Joint Commission that offers a wide range of medical services, including 24/7 emergency care, cardiology, wound care, surgical services, cardiac catheterization lab, and outpatient therapy. The hospital is the only trauma center in the vicinity and is also a Certified Chest Pain Center. Dallas Medical Center is a recipient of multiple Healthgrades Patient Safety Excellence Awards and eight Healthgrades Five-Star ratings over the past three years. For more information, visit www.dallasmedcenter.com.
Under the direction and authorization of the medical director and cardiopulmonary director, the RCP II is responsible for performing respiratory therapeutic and pulmonary diagnostic procedures as ordered by the physician. Emphasis will be toward the assessment, planning, implementation and documentation of care, with consideration of age and population specific needs and requirements of the patient. In the absence of a supervisor, may be assigned/identified as Lead RCP, having responsibility for the section or department during their shift.
Education and Work Experience
1. State Respiratory Care Practitioner (RCP) License required
2. Current BCLS (AHA) certificate upon hire and maintain current.
3. Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) certification from the National Board of Respiratory Care (NBRC) required
4. 2 years experience as an RCP preferred.
5. ACLS certificate within 60 day of hire and maintain current.
6. NRP certificate preferred
7. PALS certificate within 60 days of hire and maintain current.
8. Associate Degree or Bachelor of Science degree preferred
9. High School Diploma or equivalent is required
#LI-KH1 #respiratorytherapy #nurse #nurselife #covid #respiratory #rrt
We are an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status, disability, race, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or other protected characteristics. If you need special accommodation for the application process, please contact Human Resources. EEO is the Law: https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf