Join an award-winning team of dedicated professionals committed to our core values of quality, compassion and community! Paradise Valley Hospital, a member of Prime Healthcare, offers incredible opportunities to expand your horizons and be part of a community dedicated to making a difference.
Paradise Valley Hospital is the South Bay’s oldest hospital, the second oldest hospital in all of San Diego County, and the largest employer in National City. For more than 100 years, Paradise Valley Hospital has served San Diego faithfully, proud of our heritage and providing numerous programs and services to meet the changing needs of our community. Our 291-bed, acute care hospital features the San Diego Spine & Joint Center, a highly credentialed acute rehabilitation center, our Paradise Health & Senior Center, a fully equipped and modern cardiac catheterization lab, and comprehensive inpatient and outpatient surgical services, and 24-hour emergency services.
In addition to our healthcare services, we offer comprehensive behavioral health services on the hospital campus and Bayview campus in Chula Vista. Services include psychiatric continuum of care for adult patients, inpatient services, and intensive outpatient services. Learn more at https://www.paradisevalleyhospital.net/.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, TRAINING
1. Medical Graduate, PA or Nursing Graduate.
2. Minimum of 3 years clinical experience in an acute care setting.
3. Knowledge of care delivery documentation systems and related medical record documents.
4. Knowledge of age-specific needs and the elements of disease processes and related procedures.
5. Strong broad-based clinical knowledge and understanding of pathology / physiology of disease processes.
6. Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Excellent critical thinking skills.
7. Excellent interpersonal skills to build effective partnering relationships with physicians, nurse staff and hospital management staff.
8. Working knowledge of inpatient admission criteria.
9. Ability to work independently in a time-oriented environment.
10. Computer literacy and familiarity with the operation of basic office equipment.
11. Assertive personality traits to facilitate ongoing physician communication.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status, disability, race, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or other protected characteristics. If you need special accommodation for the application process, please contact Human Resources. EEO is the Law:https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf